VK3UA's Blog About Amateur (Ham) Radio Activities

Hi. Welcome to VK3UA's Blog about Ham Radio. This site is mainly for me to record and remember my ham radio and electronics activities. I hope that you find something interesting and/or useful to you here. 73 de Cambo.

Saturday 12 February 2022

Sota Gear Bag

I recently bought an SW-3B 3 band CW transceiver for quick and easy SOTA activation's. 

I have an old laptop bag that I use to take my Yaesu ft-817 and associated gear portable, but it is too big for the sw-3b, so I decided to buy a smaller shoulder bag to carry it.

When I was in the Army we had some various canvas bags we used that would have been ideal, so I looked around for something similar.

I had a look on Amazon at this one - Jonon Vintage Military Men Canvas Messenger Bag but I felt it was a bit expensive for my needs. I also found this one - Neumora Retro Canvas Messenger Bag and while the price was OK, it is a bit fancy and would get wrecked

In the end I found this one - Retro Vintage Military Canvas Bag - on eBay that looked OK and was only about $28.00, so I bought the khaki coloured one to see if it was suitable. 

Honestly, at the price I wasn't expecting much, so I was quite surprised at the quality of it when I received it. The canvas is reasonable, and so far, the zips have held up well. It is just the right size for my SW-3B, mini atu, longwire antenna, cw paddle, and portable 9600mAh battery. Also a couple of pockets for bits and pieces. And I can still fit a couple of sandwiches and a can of drink in it.

 

Khaki canvas bag for SOTA portable with SW-3B CW Transceiver

Inside view of SOTA bag. Plenty of room.

 

If you wanted more room, the Jonon Vintage Military Men Canvas Messenger Bag on Amazon is bigger but more expensive.

Anyway, a few club members were interested in the bag, so I put the details here in the hope it helps some-one out.

73

Cambo