VK3UA's Blog About Amateur (Ham) Radio Activities

Hi. Welcome to VK3UA's Blog about Ham Radio. This site is mainly for me to record and remember my ham radio and electronics activities. I hope that you find something interesting and/or useful to you here. 73 de Cambo.

Friday 30 November 2012

Mornington Peninsula National Park

The weekend of November 17/18, 2012 was the Victorian National Parks Weekend to promote activation by radio amateurs operating portable from these parks to earn points toward the Keith Roget Memorial National Parks Award and also to give others the chance to work the National Parks to earn points toward the award also.



The award is managed by Amateur Radio Victoria and is popularly sort after here in VK.

There are 45 parks on the award list, with 23 of them being known to be activated by VK hams for the weekend.

I decided to activate the Mornington Peninsula National Park as it is not too far (2 hours drive) from my QTH, and also it had not been activated much in the past.

I made 8 contacts QRP (less than 5 watts) including 2 other parks - Barmah N.P. and Kinglake N.P.

Rig was my Yaesu FT-817 and a 1/2 wave dipole tuned for 40 metres.

Wx was great and enjoyed the day.

73

Cambo